Monday, July 28, 2008

A work in progress...

Rob and I decided we were going to attempt to put in hard wood floors ourselves. I got a little anxious and just wanted that carpet out of there. So, we decided we would get a head start on all the prep work so we would be all ready to glue when the wood came. I can't believe we started ripping our carpet out and taking the baseboards off before we even bought the wood. I didn't realize it would be two weeks before we would actually get the wood! We were told it would be a couple of days! The first week of living on concrete floors wasn't too bad, but after that it got a little old. Laying our first row... It was very exciting!!
Just cruising along... We were trying to get as much done together as we could before I left for Utah.We had lots of little helpers!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

It looks so nice!! I want to come over and see it. That's such a big project to take on...you guys must be so proud. How awesome.

Anonymous said...

so is it done?? you have to post the finished product!

Steck family said...

It looks so good! I need to come see it. Your pictures are cute with all the kids helping!

jennsekona said...

wow! i'm super impressed- it looks really good, wait....not that i didn't expect it to look good, i'm impressed with the diy-ess of it...sad we didn't get a chance to hang out while you guys were out here

Crystal said...

Your floors look so good! I can't believe you guys got it all done with all those helpers- they must have been really good helpers!