Madison has been asking to ride the bus since Kindergarten. So I thought I'd let them try it out this year. The first day they tried to ride the bus they never made it on the bus! I got a little worried as I was waiting for them at the bus stop and they never got off. Luckily my friend Melissa was driving by and offered to pick them up for me since my kids were sleeping. The bus driver apparently wouldn't let them on because they didn't have the right paper with them (which was totally an error on their part because all the paper work was filled out and they were the ones that told us to bring that paper!) I wasn't very happy. I felt sad for Madison and Ashlyn because I knew how excited they were to be riding the bus , only to get told they couldn't. Not a good first experience. So, the next day I get a call from Ashlyn's teacher right before I was about to walk out the door to meet them to let me know she had the girls. AGAIN! Madison's friend who was coming home with her couldn't find her note to ride the bus, which didn't make any since because she rides that same bus, just gets off on the stop before. Anyhow, Ashlyn's teacher was so nice and brought them home for me. So finally after two attempts they made it on the bus and loved it!
I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! It sure beats having to deal with all the traffic after school and waking up sleeping kids.
3 comments:
that is so fun! I bet its a lot easier for you too!
how nice that it finally worked out! I understand about wanting to ride the bus, I always wanted to as well, but being a city kid, we never got too. Until 7th grade! It was the best!
Wow Tennille, that's pretty big time for you. I would be a wreck!! I bet it will be nice to not have to load and unload little ones though!!
Post a Comment